Call for abstracts DSO 2018
The Hague University of Applied Sciences greatly values international collaboration and world citizenship. Therefor we will present sports and human movement researchers from the Netherlands and abroad with the opportunity to present their research, workshop, discussion or symposium in English during the Day of Sports Research (DSO) on November 8th 2018.
The overall theme of the Day of Sports Research this year will be ‘In For Motion’.
Further key topics will be:
* Technology & innovation
* Value of sports
* Life long exercise
During the afternoon there will be an opportunity to share knowledge in organize smaller, interactive sessions such as workshops, panel discussions or practical demonstrations. For these sessions you may send in an individual or group proposal through the form ‘interactive session’. It is also possible to organize a mini symposium around a certain (research) theme, see here for guidelines for the mini symposia.
Proposals may be submitted regarding a large variety of topics, such as Paralympic sports, big data and sports ‘apps’, talent development and sport policy.
GENERAL INFORMATION MINI-SYMPOSIA
- The deadline for abstract submission is Friday 7 September 2018.
- Proposing authors will be contacted at the latest on 24 September 2018 about the inclusion of their proposed symposium
- The organizing author (symposium leader) is granted access to the DSO 2018. All other participating authors need to pay subscription fees.
GUIDELINES FOR SYMPOSIUM PROPOSALS
- Title of the symposium – catchy and inviting
- Short description of the objective of the symposium – maximally 150 words.
- Name of session leader (proposing author) with short cv (max. 50 words).
- Names of all participating authors/presentors with affiliation
- Names of participating institutes – at least two different organizations.
- Format of the symposium – for example short presentations, panel discussions or Q&A including time schedule and needed room.
- Submitting a symposium proposal implies that the authors will participate in DSO 2018, will subscribe and pay subscription fees, and that all participants will provide their permission for publication of the abstract on the website and social media of DSO.
- Authors will be informed before the 24th September 2018 regarding the decision of the inclusion of their submission in the final DSO-program.
Indicate at the submission clearly whether the symposium should be held in Dutch, English, or that both are possible.
Questions? In case of questions concerning abstract submission or the possibility of presenting your work you may contact the organisation of DSO by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.